The Lord promised to pour out His Spirit on the Israelites in the future. This is compared to pouring water on the dry ground landscape. It would bring refreshment and new life. Blessing would come to the descendants of Isaiah’s audience in 150 years.
Since this is a promise specifically to the Israelites, they would be the special recipients of this outpouring. This will happen in the future. The giving of the Spirit will first be on the day of Pentecost however we must not miss that the Israelites are His chosen people, and even though, we the Gentiles, are grafted into the plan, God will have a plan for the Jewish nation in End Times.
But if you love these scriptures as much as I do today read verse 5, grab a sharpie and write:
:OR we can meet at “Second Skins” and get a tattoo! (Not the first for many 😂😂)
Idols in our life:
I’m not saying we should rid ourselves of the things on this list. Rather we need to evaluate our lives and make sure they are in the right order. That none of these things have become more important than God to us.
- Our identity-For some their identity has become an idol. They have placed more value on who they are rather than in God.
- Entertainment- how do you spend your time? We are obsessed with being entertained. From Netflix to vacations to scrolling through social media.. We love entertainment in all forms.
- Comfort-There is an endless list of products promising to simplify and add comfort to your life.
- Phones- The problem isn’t our phones or social media or any form of technology. It’s the value and TIME we place on it that makes it a problem.
In the comments list one that might be 5-10. Can you think of any?
and I will dry up your streams,’
28 who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd
and will accomplish all that I please;
he will say of Jerusalem, “Let it be rebuilt,”
and of the temple, “Let its foundations be laid.”’
Cyrus WILL BE the Persian King who will put Israel back on the map. Babylon will wipe out the last of the Israelites from the nation and deport the last remnant people there. They will demolish the Temple. Persia will defeat Babylon and will give the Jewish captives permission to return to Jerusalem
- will they go back?
- will the go somewhere else?
- BOTH. and Both is a great answer for God’s ultimate purpose (keep reading this year!!)
For my artifact people….the story of Cyrus is REAL! How do I know? It is in the Bible!! Ha! We also can prove it historically. This is a cylinder that dates 500 BC that proves it.
BUT no glory to Cyrus…it is ALL the Lord’s. Chapter 45
“This is what the Lord says to his anointed,
to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of
to subdue nations before him
and to strip kings of their armor,
to open doors before him
so that gates will not be shut:
2 I will go before you
and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
OH MY STARS!!! do you know how hard it is for me to NOT post or Comment on 3-12. It might be my NEW FAVORITE little section!!!! My pen would not stop underlining…
- so that you may know that I am the Lord…. I am the Lord, and there is no other…..apart from me there is no God…… I bring prosperity and create disaster.……. I, the Lord, do all these things……It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it.
So can I just say THIS is the God that LOVES you. Do we stop to think about that??? I know we can’t really comprehend or even find words to describe Him. BUT He knows you by NAME!!!
(sorry, I try not to preach But I just feel overwhelmed with the scriptures today)
Back to Cyrus (verse 13)
I will raise up Cyrus in my righteousness:
I will make all his ways straight.
He will rebuild my city
and set my exiles free,
but not for a price or reward,
says the Lord Almighty.”
Szymanski…you have to move on..I keep rereading the rest of this chapter over and over to find one thing to talk about BUT the whole thing has me spinning. So that’s right…I am pulling the DO YOU LOVE ME CARD AGAIN??
If you LOVE ME (or the Lord..ha! gotcha) put a scripture in the comment section that knocked your socks off. I dare you to just find one! Mercy.
Chapter 46- I am going to skip this section (yes I read it) because why talk about the false gods of Babylon when we can talk about The God of the Universe.
When we have a long read I try to make the post short. 47 and 48…you got this.